What Is The Technopreneur Challenge?
The Young Technopreneurs Challenge aims to support students to take ownership of the world they live in and actively develop solutions to the UN Global Goals. By providing expert advice and mentorship, combined with skills development and training, we hope to empower students to become problem solvers, innovators and entrepreneurs.
Bootcamp 1: Saturday 24th February
Reactor & Junior Achievement
- Problem definition
- Design Challenge
- Meet your mentors
Bootcamp 2: Saturday 10th March
Reactor & Coding Garage
- Prototyping and testing
- Design thinking challenges
- Mentor Discussions
- Coding & Micro:Bit Workshop
Bootcamp 3: Saturday 24th March
- Mentor discussions
- Develop a pitch
- How to promote your idea
- Financing an idea
Public Expo: Saturday 21st April
- Setup display booths
- Showcase to Public and Industry Judges
- Morning: All teams interview with judges to shortlist
- Afternoon: Detailed conversations with shortlisted teams (10 per age category)
- Award Ceremony
Young Technopreneurs Challenge
Here’s How To Get Started..
- Select a problem related to a UN Global Goal
- Come up with an innovative idea to solve the problem
- Register your school team of three
- Attend the 3 innovation bootcamps
- Present your idea at the innovation expo
NO TEACHER / PARENT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED.
Just arrive in time for registration and have someone pick you up at the end. It’s that simple!
A Few Good Reasons To Join…
- Work with mentors from some of most innovative global companies
- Network with experts and other young innovators
- Develop your entrepreneurial skills
- Learn how to take an idea from concept to realisation
- Have fun and contribute to better society
Win some amazing prizes!
“Every new thing creates two new questions and two new opportunities“
Jeff Bezos, Amazon
RETURN FLIGHTS TO
Return flights and accommodation for you and one family member to the USA for 5 days.
A possible SGD$10,000 is available to the winning team for reaching implementation goals and milestones upon completion of the challenge.
Visit the Global US Headquarters for ??? and undertake a job shadow for the day. Find out why they are one of the most innovative companies in the world and share your ideas with the team.